Milton Fisher Scholarship for Innovation and Creativity
The Milton Fisher Scholarship is not a traditional scholarship focused on rewarding academic achievement and financial need. Its specific goal is to reward and encourage innovative and creative problem-solving by honoring students who excel as creative problem-solvers and helping make their higher education goals more accessible.
Applicants must meet one of the following academic year criteria:
- Currently a high school senior, or
- Currently a first-time college student in the first year of an undergraduate degree program
- Anyone else planning to start the first year of an undergraduate degree in the next fall or spring semester after the scholarship deadline
Applicants must also be:
- A Connecticut or New York City metro area resident who plans to attend, or is attending an institution of higher education anywhere in the United States, or
- A resident of any part of the U.S. who plans to attend, or is attending an institution of higher education in Connecticut or the New York City metro area
We anticipate selecting 5-8 scholarship recipients each year. Financial need will not affect the selection of recipients. However, the amount of any award, ranging from $1,000 to $5,000 per year, renewable for four years, will be determined by the financial need of the recipient.